partysip-dev

Re: [Partysip-dev] osip news and partysip improvments.

From: Fredrik Thulin
Subject: Re: [Partysip-dev] osip news and partysip improvments.
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 19:07:44 +0200

On Friday 13 September 2002 17.38, Aymeric Moizard wrote:
> This modification sounds highly required. I'll start working on it
> shortly. I will also probably provide a non-multithreaded version
> of partysip at the same time. The sfp.c and slp.c will probably be
> rewritten as code look ugly... I was certainly tired at this time.

sounds great - i haven't really understood the flow in partysip yet and i
beleive this will make it easier.

> If you want to contrribute, here are some ideas:
>  * plugin that log all requests in syslog? or partysip.log?
>  * plugin that reads all 2xx answers for REGISTER and updates
>    a web page acording to the list of "loggued" user.
>  * a plugin that add/update/remove REGISTRATIONS in a database.
>    (SQL, LDAP...). This is actually highly needed as
>    any crash leads to a long time without registrations.

a colleague of mine who is really good at LDAP is thinking of making a LDAP
user database plugin since that is where we have our user info (only a couple
of thousand users ;) ).

we talked about a persistent database for keeping registrations (also possibly
for making it possible to have more than one SIP server (for redundancy and
load balancing)) in, and he said writes in LDAP are really expensive
(compared to reads at least) so the register-database would probably be SQL
or something.

/Fredrik