[paragui-users] bug with edit widget

From: Ulf Lorenz
Subject: [paragui-users] bug with edit widget
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2003 00:01:54 +0200

Hi,

although currently there is no admin and I have no hope of having this resolved
quickly (unless e.g. Antony wants to take over the leadership :o) ) I wanted
to report a bug. I have found a workaround and will perhaps investigate this
further when I have time and motivation (I am currently bugfixing for a new
version).

Anyway, the bug occurs with a PG_LineEdit, but a PG_ComboBox as well, and I
suppose it has something to do with captions. The scenario: I have a modal
dialog with some PG_LineEdit objects. When I return from this dialog, delete it
and open up new windows, everything works fine as long as I was  not editing an
edit widget. If an edit widget was still activated when I deleted the dialog,
I get a segfault some way further down in some message handling functions.
I can work around this by hiding the edit widgets, but this only works if I hide
them _before_ I send a MSG_MODALQUIT. If I hide the edit widgets e.g. in the
destructor of the dialog, I still get the segfault.

cu,
Ulf

--
Looking into Granny's eyes was like looking into a mirror. What you saw looking
back at you was yourself, and there was no hiding place.