[paragui-users] Projects leadership

From: Antony Shaleynikov
Subject: [paragui-users] Projects leadership
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 18:11:35 +0300

Hi,

I am very glad, that with Alexander's leaving, the project continues to
take attraction and keeps to be discussed.
But we have a problem: we cannot concentrate our efforts on one task, we
spend much trouble on minor tasks and that's why we have no positive
results.
Therefore it seems to me, that we need a person who will concentrate his
efforts only for resolving the problems, important for ParaGUI.
I can cope with this task, but bad knowledge of English does not allow
me to undertake the responsibility.
Also it is necessary to clear, what we wish to see in ParaGUI?
Let me tell you my vision of ParaGUI in the future, and then we shall
discuss it together.

I want ParaGUI:
* to be fast and stable
* to have clear interfaces
* to run at any platforms, that are supported by SDL
* to be very lightweight
* to be highly configurable
* to be well documented, have tutorials and other supporting
documentation

>From all above it can be concluded, that I want ParaGUI to be only a
library of widgets, constructed on the basis of SDL. I offer the
community to concentrate on this.
Also it is necessary to freeze the interfaces of ParaGUI 1.x, making
only bugfixes.

--
Antony Shaleynikov,
Developer,