Re: [paragui-users] weekly status report on C conversion

From: Teunis Peters
Subject: Re: [paragui-users] weekly status report on C conversion
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2003 00:42:57 -0700 (PDT)

On 7 Sep 2003, Mark Junker wrote:

> Sometimes it helps when you try another compiler that shows different/more
> warnings.

Trying MinGW now.  Have to enable autoconf *sigh* bit more work to go...

Will release tomorrow sometime, last couple of days have NOT gone as
planned...  (in a good way actually but that's another story :)

> I always develop code with all warnings on and try to avoid warnings. Almost
> all source codes written by me compile without a warning :).

Same.  I do allow some warnings through sometimes - if they warn against a
condition that I feel warrants it -- or if it's in someone else's code.

> > I'm now considering making the source tree open to outside access, if
> > anyone's interested in taking a peek - but I won't be able (for various
> > reasons) to release it before Monday.
> This is a good idea and I'm really interested.

I just have to restore the copyright headers (a good hour's work right
there) and rebuild the autoconf scripts for current situation.  All going
well it should compile for linux/gcc-3.x and windows/Mingw right away, as
that's the environments I have easily setup.  Visual C++ after that...

Sure miss having a Mac around.

G'day, eh? :)
        - Teunis