[paragui-users] stress tests and memory leaks

From: leiavoia
Subject: [paragui-users] stress tests and memory leaks
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 15:54:55 -0400

i'm bug hunting my current game project and could not find out where the
memory was going and why segfaults seem to riddle everything i make. So i
conducted some simple stress tests such as the following:

        std::cout << "Performing Label stress test..." << endl << flush;
        for (int x=0; x < 1000000; x++) {
                PG_Label lab(NULL, PG_Rect(0,0,20,20), "");
                }

if i open up a system manager while the test is cycling, i can watch the
memory used by the test program shoot up. I've tried several different
widgets, all with the same results. it makes no difference if i use straight
memory or borrow from the heap with NEW. I am wondering if that is from the
actual program or something around it, i am not sure.

while the leak is small, if we want paraGUI to be rock solid, it should not
lose *anything*. any thoughts? am i doing anything wrong?

--
leiavoia
The AXIS Project