Re: [paragui-users] how many versions do we have?

From: Teunis Peters
Subject: Re: [paragui-users] how many versions do we have?
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 11:57:22 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 11 Aug 2003, Asko Kauppi wrote:

> Now that Teunis is working on his 'branch' of ParaGui, have we got
> other such in our hands as well?

my devel-opengl branch.  Due to something of a lack of feedback and
getting stuck on some texturing nuisances it's kind of not had a lot of
work since Mar-Apr this year...

My frustrations with getting ANY kind of support for ideas I've either
needed to develop or have been doing for fun (like the C rewrite) means
I've stopped caring about whether or not to do a rewrite.  I just go ahead
and do it.

> Of what i've read so far, i'm perfectly comfortable waiting a bit to
> get the 'core' okay, and then resuming the task of wrapping some script
> cream above it. But - don't want to have many, incompatible cores.

Well, they're all listed in CVS.

Branches usually happen when needs cannot be filled by the current model.

oh, unlike the C rewrite (which is for fun) the devel-opengl is quite
close to compatible with paragui-main.  I'd love for it to be a candidate
for 1.3 or something as (again unlike it's name) it doesn't actually need
opengl at any point - it adds video driver support to allow a driver to
render to opengl.  The driver model works fine, the problems are with the
current opengl driver.

G'day, eh? :)
        - Teunis