Re: [paragui-users] Another question

From: Michael Bartl
Subject: Re: [paragui-users] Another question
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2003 11:51:32 +0200

On Mon, Apr 21, 2003 at 11:15:48AM +0200, Fabien Marchewka wrote:
> Hi,
> can you explain me how to cross-compile with mingw32. I have to make an apps
> which work both on linux and windows with all dll. Perhaps a tutorial
> somewhere ?
> thanks for your help,
> Fabien.

Hi!

I'd say it's rather easy! It depends on the Linux distribution you are
using. I'm using debian and just downloaded all mingw32 cross compiler
packages. Then I compiled all libraries that I needed (SDL, paragui,
libsigc++) with the cross compiler i586-mingw32msvc-g++. This built the
*.a files. Then I compiled my game (www.freelords.org) with the cross
compiler and it was done.

If you don't have the mingw32 cross compiler packages for your
distribution you can get it from the web.

I tried the same thing with the Win32 native mingw32 compiler and didn't
even suceed easily in getting ParaGUI to compile. With tricks I had been
able todo that, but libsigc++ was completely out of control...

Have fun,
    Michael