[paragui-users] alpha channel question

From: Keith
Subject: [paragui-users] alpha channel question
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 12:30:43 -0300

i have been looking into why a lot of the widgets are not working properly
when running double buffered. I have narrowed it down to the function
SDL_SetAlpha(srf, SDL_SRCALPHA, 255-t);

or anything similar called before a blit. if i comment out this line, the
widgets appear normal....... just you can't use transparency settings
obviously. now with this i also note the when i check the video info via
sdl_videoinfo i do not have blit_hw_A or blit_sw_A, which deal with alpha
blending. but i thought it only means i don't have accelerated alpha
blitting...... but then again, i'm not 100% sure what that means. i'm
assuming that this relates back to the problem i have found.....which by the
way also causes access violations on exit when deletethemedsurfaces is
called.... but all is ok when i comment out the line.

now if my assumptions are right.... shouldn't there be a way to have the
widgets make a check so that they don't use the function if  blit_hw_A or
blit_sw_A are not set?

on the other hand, not having these flags set, is that a problem with the
way i am creating the application? or something to do with the video card?
in windowed mode they are set.... but obviously we don't have a true double
buffered surface then. my vid card is a 32mb tnt mx200 or 400, don't
remember, but that should be good.....

--Keith