Re: [paragui-users] Modified MPEG player widget for paragui-CVS

From: Andrew Ford
Subject: Re: [paragui-users] Modified MPEG player widget for paragui-CVS
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 00:57:56 -0700 (PDT)

I think having two versions that either derive from
SMPEG or contain SMPEG would be unfortunate since it
would be hard to program for the widget in this case.
If we can't derive from SMPEG, perhaps we can have
widget methods that call the common SMPEG methods,
combined with a "getSMPEGinstance()" method that would
allow access to the SMPEG instance for less common
methods (do those exist?).  This is of course if there
are unavoidable linking issues with deriving from
SMPEG.  Is this inconvenient?

Andrew.