[paragui-users] Modified MPEG player widget for paragui-CVS

From: Teunis Peters
Subject: [paragui-users] Modified MPEG player widget for paragui-CVS
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 17:07:35 -0700 (PDT)

Here's the header files and a demo file for a modified SMPEG-based player
widget for paragui.

Theoretically it could just be put in place into the pgmpeg project but I
suspect Those Who Are In Charge would not want to do that :)
With some minor changes the modifications I've added could be easily
merged back into the pgmpeg source *g*.

I reorganized a little and added a few features - such as the sigc++
signals and support for a positioning-slider.

I've tested with a few different mpeg videos of various sizes and It Works
For Me.

incidentally as I'm fairly new to paragui and haven't worked with sigc++
before (actually I tend to avoid C++ unless it's genuinely useful) I
wasn't aware that the 'slot'/'connect'/.. features were from sigc++.
THANK you!! :)

oh and the SMPEG not linking problem?  Seems to be a few things including,
yes, RTTI.  At this point I'm running with a default install of
smpeg-0.4.4.  it doesn't seem to export the C++ bindings for linking by
outside programs (?).  Maybe I'll play with it later but this package here
works with what I'm doing.

incidentally - thought of just putting it on my web page but when I looked
at the size it seemed to make sense to just send it.  Hope that's okay
with everyone?  It's a .tar.bz2 archive btw.

G'day, eh? :)
        - Teunis