Re: [paragui-users] re: animation and mp3 playback

From: taurus
Subject: Re: [paragui-users] re: animation and mp3 playback
Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 18:45:35 +0100

Hello Keith,

Wednesday, May 29, 2002, 13:20:05, you wrote:

KS> well, i am currenly working on the same things, having animation and mp3
KS> going at the same time. I am not using SDL_mixer and haven't tried it, so i
KS> am not sure what mp3 decoder it is using and how well it works.

SDL_mixer uses smpeg library. My animation is plasma, so I do some
math stuff also, but not heavy one, I use pre-calculated tables.
When I run plasma and play mp3 by winamp player (www.winamp.com) it`s
ok. But when it goes in the same program - sound is choppy. :(
So I suppose, the problem might be in conflict between timer(timer
callback function) and mp3 decorder.

KS> if you are interested, i can send the modified SDL_Sound and a small sample
KS> of how to use it.....

Yes, I do :)
I would like to test it, then I will send you my little demo.

Kind regards,
       taurus

address@hidden

 ->> "If you will have a megaphone, you will never have to be alone..."