RE: [paragui-users] looping inside a function

From: John Rainey
Subject: RE: [paragui-users] looping inside a function
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 15:04:20 -0400

I'm new to paragui but with my investigation into the system I would advice
looking at
The application's EnableAppIdleCalls() function. This appears to send an
"idle event" to registered
Objects which can do some processing then return control to paragui. Your
object would need to manage the
"loop" as a series of responses to "idle events".
You could have a button register the idle object at first click and
any time the button was pressed again it would get the objects public member
char*,
close the theme widget and unregister your function object to receive idle
events.

To make the user wait the button could be Modal. I'd be interested to know
if the "idle events"
get posted during a modal loop???

You could also disable the button on the first click and have your function
send it an "activate event"
When it is done processing.