Re: [paragui-users] Paragui redesign

From: Andrew Ford
Subject: Re: [paragui-users] Paragui redesign
Date: Tue, 7 May 2002 10:04:46 -0700 (PDT)

--- Alexander Pipelka <address@hidden> wrote:

> Any widget has some fundamental attributes (like
> position).
>
> These attributes are arranged hierarchically. Think
> about parsing the
> layout of a PG_Image object.
>
> PG_Widget parses the position of the object
> PG_ThemeWidget parses the background attributes
> PG_Image parses the image filename.
>
> Why should PG_Image want to do something different
> with the position
> attribute ?

Okay, so top-down will work out nicely, then, and the
widgets only need to deal with the attributes that are
theirs.  Even if a widget wanted to do something
different with one of its super-classes' attributes,
there's nothing stopping the user from making another
tag, or just programmatically changing whatever
parameters in its own parseXMLAttributes...  I mean,
who knows what goofy stuff the user will want to do
with his own widgets :)

Andrew.