Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Connect AR Drone 2.0 through router, then multiple

From: Gautier Hattenberger
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Connect AR Drone 2.0 through router, then multiple drones
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2017 22:33:37 +0100

The procedure is different now. You need to use the configure script in sw/tools/parrot (https://github.com/paparazzi/paparazzi/blob/master/sw/tools/parrot/ardrone2.py), especially the 'configure_network' option (use '-h' option for help):

usage: ardrone2.py configure_network [-h] [--channel CHANNEL]
                                     name address
{master,ad-hoc,managed,ad-hoc-olsr}

positional arguments:
  name                  the new network ID(SSID)
  address               the new IP address
  {master,ad-hoc,managed,ad-hoc-olsr}
                        the new Wifi mode

optional arguments:
  -h, --help            show this help message and exit
  --channel CHANNEL     the wifi channel (auto or 1 to 11)

Then you need to specify the SSID of your router, IP of your drone and the managed mode. In the aiframe file, you'll just need to specified the drone IP with the HOST parameter (can be a function of the aircraft id: https://github.com/paparazzi/paparazzi/blob/master/conf/airframes/ENAC/quadrotor/ard2_basic.xml#L7).

If not done, the script we'll ask you to install a custom wifi script on the ARDrone2, it is required to make this work.

You can also configure the 'autostart' to always start with paparazzi on boot.

Be careful when configuring the SSID and IP, if wrong, you may have troubles to connect after restart.

Gautier