Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Project name

From: Gautier Hattenberger
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Project name
Date: Sun, 26 Jul 2015 13:35:08 +0200

Hi,

About the naming of the project (PaparaDzIY and then Paparazzi, probably for simplicity), I will let Antoine Drouin answer himself if he wants to, since he's one of the father of the project. I recall hearing this kind of discussion for as long as the project exists. In a way, it clearly foreseen one of the biggest "issue" with personal micro-uav flights. I don't mind having discussion about the name, but it is not necessarily a good idea to change it since after 10 years people actually know it. By the way, the "official" short name used in the code is usually PPRZ. Also, I personally prefer names with a "story" rather than acronyms just to give a meaning to something that don't need it. And avoid yet an other "OpenSomething"...

Gautier Hattenberger
Enac UAV Lab