[Paparazzi-devel] question about nav_circle_XY()

From: wertrrte
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] question about nav_circle_XY()
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2014 06:53:30 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I'm learning the nav_circle_XY() code,and I think I have understood the main
part about it.But for the  following sentence,I really cannot  understand
why.

*  if (nav_mode == NAV_MODE_COURSE) {
    radius_carrot += (abs_radius / cos(carrot_angle) - abs_radius);
  }*

This 'if block' says,if nav_mode equals NAV_MODE_COURSE,the 'radius_carrot'
becomes radius_carrot/cos(carrot_angle).So radius_carrot becomes bigger.Why
this?If so,the plane will fly in a bigger circle other than the
desired?!!Looking forward to your enlightment.

wertrrte