Re: [Paparazzi-devel] question about nav_circle_XY()

From: wertrrte
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] question about nav_circle_XY()
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2014 22:10:53 -0700 (PDT)

Gautier,thanks for your concise and informative explanation.

So,after the sentence:
*radius_carrot += (abs_radius / cos(carrot_angle) - abs_radius);*
the plane seems to be flying with a bigger radius.But actually it
won't,because it is carrot_angle that counts(it provides us the desired
direction),rather than the radius_carrot.Carrot_angle changes with time and
the plane eventually flys with our desired radius,rather than the final
radius_carrot.However,this asks for the accurate calculation of
'circle_bank'(needed by our desired radius).Am I right?

Besides,if NAV_MODE_ROLL is active,in fly_to_xy(),'h_ctl_roll_setpoint'
would be calculated by:
*h_ctl_roll_setpoint = atan(2 * speed * speed * s * h_ctl_course_pgain /
(CARROT * NOMINAL_AIRSPEED * 9.81) );*
I am puzzled at this expression.Why '2' is multiflied here?And why CARROT is
involved?Much gratitude if you can explain a bit more.

wertrrte