Re: [Paparazzi-devel] stm32f4 discovery

From: Prof. Dr.-Ing. Heinrich Warmers
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] stm32f4 discovery
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2014 18:54:53 +0100

Hello Iman,
Read the documentation:  http://pixhawk.org/modules/stm32f4discovery
For the discovery F4 we had to use the 4.7 Version of the compiler.
The Version 4.6 was not working by problems with the floating point processor.

You can use different ways:
use the usb bootloder of the Discovery F4 main processor (You have to set the 2 boot-Pins on power on), you can use the UART Bootlader (you have to use Boot-Pins) in combination with STM2 Link software and a 3V UART interface at the Laptop, you can use the Debug 2 wire Interface via separate USB-debug processor on the PCB and OOCD and DDB. This is very had to install.

We have tested all the ways in december 2013.
Also we had the drotek 10 DOM IMU running.
It seems that you flashing had success.
Connect the right UART- Pins to you uart Interface and look for the messages of the paparazzi system.

Heinrich

Iman schrieb:

Hello

Today I spent some time on stm32f4 discovery board to run it by paparazzi
code, Now I have some basic questions:

-When I upload the code by DFU-Util I get this error but its working and
SYS_LED blinking:

cd sw/airborne; /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/usr/bin/make
TARGET=test_lis302dl upload
Using "arch/stm32/apogee.ld" as ldscript for target "test_lis302dl".
Using dfu-util at 0x08000000
No valid DFU suffix signature
Warning: File has no DFU suffix
dfu-util 0.7

Copyright 2005-2008 Weston Schmidt, Harald Welte and OpenMoko Inc.
Copyright 2010-2012 Tormod Volden and Stefan Schmidt
This program is Free Software and has ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY
Please report bugs to address@hidden

Filter on vendor = 0x0483 product = 0xdf11
Opening DFU capable USB device... ID 0483:df11
Run-time device DFU version 011a
Found DFU: [0483:df11] devnum=0, cfg=1, intf=0, alt=0, name="@Internal Flash /0x08000000/04*016Kg,01*064Kg,07*128Kg"
Claiming USB DFU Interface...
Setting Alternate Setting #0 ...
*Determining device status: state = dfuERROR, status = 10
dfuERROR, clearing status*
Determining device status: state = dfuIDLE, status = 0
dfuIDLE, continuing
DFU mode device DFU version 011a
Device returned transfer size 2048
DfuSe interface name: "Internal Flash  "
Downloading to address = 0x08000000, size = 7688
File downloaded successfully

DONE 'make -C /Users/imanshirdareh/paparazzi -f Makefile.ac AIRCRAFT=STM32
FLASH_MODE=DFU-UTIL test_lis302dl.upload'

-This is the first time I'm using paparazzi on a STM32 arch. perviously I
worked by LPC base AP like YAPA, so uploading firmware was very easy just by
connecting USB but now I must using two wire to trig it in DFU mode every
time. Is there any better way?

Thanks
Iman