[Paparazzi-devel] news of enac/chibios port above apogee

From: Alexandre Bustico
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] news of enac/chibios port above apogee
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2013 11:35:12 +0100

Yesteday we did our first and successful flight using the enacuavlab/chibios branch on an apogee ap.

theses flights with chibios demonstrate some points that weren't before :

° sdio high speed sd card interface (we were logging raw gps data)
° high capacitor backed rtc (time/date is given by gps, and rtc keep running 2 days without battery source) ° power loss procedure : when ap is plugged out, there is enough power to properly stop log and close file, leaving a clean filesystem

state of the enacuavlab/chibios port :

+What's working
* adc, i2c, usart, ppm/futaba/spectrum input, servo out

-Still not working (but we didn't work on it)
* spi (probably dma related)

+architecture
* isr routing is shared between ocm3 and chibios
* pprz in a single task
* sd logging in another

next step :

short term :
+ use chibios event to track power loss instead of active polling
+ debug spi

medium term
+ make that new event api use chibios event, and eliminate all active polling

long term
+ break monolithic architecture into tasks, merge with paparazzi-rt branch (replacing ocm3 by chibios hal as arch)

For now, apogee users, if they don't need spi, can use enacuavlab/chibios branch if they need to log data at high speed rate.

Alexandre