Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Telemetry Broadcast Over LAN

From: Stephen Dwyer
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Telemetry Broadcast Over LAN
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2013 10:37:51 -0600

Hello Luke,

Yes, it is that simple. The ivy bus works on whatever subnet you set as the ivy bus ip address, and port. I have tested over a basic home local network with two computers and a router, as well as using agents running in both a linux virtual machine and an OS X host. Recently I tried out a vpn using OpenVPN, but couldn't get it working out of the box. We suspect it may require a TAP interface instead of a TUN interface. Maybe someone else who has done this can shed more light. Hopefully it doesn't need more than that (i.e. custom routing and such).

Just make sure to set your ivy bus ip appropriately. Using ivyprobe can help debug problems. For example: $ ivyprobe -b XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:PPPP "(.*)"
will print out all ivy messages on the bus XX....
Ivyprobe takes regular expressions so it is easy to filter out whatever message you are interested in.

Thanks,
-Stephen Dwyer