Re: [Paparazzi-devel] prebank

From: alonso acuña
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] prebank
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2013 15:05:42 -0600

Hi. Right the value of the bank is calculated with the actual speed but it is set to 0 when the aircraft is not near the circumference and the distance is calculated using the nominal speed:

  float dist_carrot = CARROT*NOMINAL_AIRSPEED;
  circle_bank =
    (dist2_center > Square(abs_radius + dist_carrot)
     || dist2_center < Square(abs_radius - dist_carrot)) ?
    0 :
    atan((*stateGetHorizontalSpeedNorm_f())*(*stateGetHorizontalSpeedNorm_f()) / (G*radius));

So what I am saying is dist_carrot should not use NOMINAL_AIRSPEED but use the current speed.

I have been doing some comparisons in the simulator and it is hard to tell wether this makes any difference.