Re: [Paparazzi-devel] LIS302DL accelerometer on STM32F4_discovery board

From: Michel GORRAZ
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] LIS302DL accelerometer on STM32F4_discovery board
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2013 13:04:19 +0200

Hi Felix,
And what about a driver for a PIC16F1828?
Price is less than 1$ and porting Paparazzi in assembly must not be such a big deal for you...

Regards
Michel

2013/10/23 Prof. Dr.-Ing. Heinrich Warmers <address@hidden>
Hi Felix,
what do you think about a driver for the STM32F3?
There exists a solution for openpilot  (https://github.com/lilvinz/OpenPilot/wiki/How-to-build-the-discovery)  and pitxhawk
You need only a barometer and a GPS (currently < 14 Euro for the navilog ttl407) module  to make it.
A autopilot electronic below 50 Euro.
The new  pitxhawk use the STM MEMS sensors and the nuttx OS.

Regards

Heinrich

Felix Ruess schrieb:
Hi,

I started writing a driver for the LIS302DL accel which is on the STM32F4_discovery board.
However I can't even seem to read back the device id from the WHO_AM_I register via SPI1 and now I've run out of time that I can spend on this.
The driver is basically done, but obviously there is still an error somewhere (either in the SPI mcu_periph for SPI1 on the F4, or the lis302dl_spi driver).

If someone wants to continue on this, it is in my lis302dl branch on github:
I've added a test_lis302dl target to the stm32f4_discovery_test.xml airframe file.