Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Calibration?

From: Felix Ruess
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Calibration?
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 12:51:32 +0200

If you launch from the tools menu, there is no way to know which options to specify... so by default it doesn't add any options.
You then need to add the options you want/need by editing the "command" in the text box (just like if you would run it directly from the command line) and relaunch it..
Since that is annoying and you often need a certain combination of different agents/tools and options anyway you can save it as a session (or use one of the pre-existing sessions).

On Mon, Oct 21, 2013 at 12:16 PM, Ben Laurie <address@hidden> wrote:

On 21 October 2013 11:06, Felix Ruess <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Ben,

> I don't quite understand...
> You ran the GCS and server separately and then the settings tab didn't
> appear, but if you launch it from a session in Paparazzi Center it does?

That's what I saw yesterday, but I can't reproduce today. Today, if I
run the server, then GCS, GCS hangs waiting for telemetry.

Do you have link running so you actually have a connection??

Well, it seems not. I assume by "link running" you mean that sw/ground_segment/tmtc/link is running.

Which it is if I use "Execute" but not if I try to launch it from the Tools menu. And the reason for that, it seems, is that Execute adds the -udp option, and Tools does not, with the result that it dies when launched from Tools.

Also, the wiki does not say to run it.

The GCS will always wait until you get messages from some Aircraft, otherwise it has no idea for which aircrafts it should display the strips, flightplan, settings, etc...

Yeah, I get that.

> Or did you not have the server running (and only the GCS) when the settings
> tab was not there? Did the rest of the GCS populate?

It did. Yesterday, anyway.

> I haven't seen anythink like this before, and if that really is the case,
> then it's some strange bug...
>
> Btw, you don't necessarily need the GCS, you can also launch the standalone
> settings tool.

Funny you should say that, I've been wondering what that's for. If I
launch it, I just get a blank window.

These tool all have a commandline help option (-h or --help) that show the possible and or required arguments...
For the standalone settings tool you need to specify for which aircraft you want to show the settings (-ac MyAircraftName).

The Python version fails with error "Aircraft ID 11 not found." - the
aircraft ID is 201, btw.

Again, the help option is your friend ;-) -a 201 and you would see the settings for your aircraft.

I was launching it from the Tools menu (I know of no other way). If it can't be launched from there, why have it there?

Beware that the python version is lacking some features compared to the ocaml version (unit conversion, etc..).
If someone would like to bring that up-to-date it would be appreciated (including sane error handling if you don't specify something).