Re: [Paparazzi-devel] handle high speed jet

From: Chris
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] handle high speed jet
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2013 20:14:06 +0300

Hi.
What do you mean what servos, haven't you already flew the jet manually?
Have you flown a jet before?
The KroozSD already has an IMU, the AHRS method is selected in the airframe file (float_dcm is good i think) You don't need to fly the jet at full speed during initial flight testing, test it first at 120-160Km/h
and then increase it.
In any case if you are a beginner built a slow electric airplane first (turbines don't have much vibrations thus are similar in this aspect with electric airplanes), jets are very dangerous for testing as i found out my self.