[Paparazzi-devel] Umarim lite 2.0 gyro going crazy

From: Joseph Muhlhausen
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] Umarim lite 2.0 gyro going crazy
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2013 17:34:24 -0500

Hello everyone,

I was happy to have fixed my interference issue,  but when I got home and wanted to do some tests, the servos started acting crazy in AUTO 1 mode. I looked at the PFD and it just goes in every direction very quickly.  I tried the different ahrs but it didn't really help.

I looked at the raw data, the accelerometer seemed fine. The gyroscope on the other hand had values between 0 to 10000 while still.

Rotating the board 90, 180, -90, -180 as well as waiting steady for the gyro to align helped a lot. However when letting the plane still for a long time I can still see the gyro going off once in a while. I am afraid it'll do the same in flight.

I saw that Luke had a similar issue but on a stm32 system:  http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/paparazzi-devel/2011-12/msg00118.html

I would like to try the same solution but I am not sure which function to use on LPC21/umarim

Cheers
Joseph