Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Opto-coupler to trigger a camera on Umarim

From: Joseph Muhlhausen
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Opto-coupler to trigger a camera on Umarim
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2013 11:47:17 -0500

I see I didn't think of the current transfer ratio. I have a factor of 5 but as you said the trigger current is probably really small.

it is working with two AA batteries connected in series and the 42 Ohm resistor on the Anode. But as mentionned I'm probably better off getting an Opto-coupler that triggers at 10mA.

The 4N25 from fairchild seems to do the trick http://www.datasheetcatalog.org/datasheet/fairchild/4N25.pdf

Thanks!
Joseph