Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Hand testing, GCS for Lisa M2

From: Felix Ruess
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Hand testing, GCS for Lisa M2
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2012 23:46:27 +0100

Hi Dan,

you actually need a serial to USB converter cable, and plug that into your normal telemetry port (where you would normally plug the xbee).
E.g. http://paparazzi.enac.fr/wiki/Serial_Cables

Cheers, Felix

On Wed, Nov 14, 2012 at 10:59 PM, ustuav <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Stephen,

Thank you for replying, here is the additional information you requested.

We are using a transparent telemetry.
We are not using XBees quite yet, we are only directly connecting the Lisa to the PC via USB (baud rate 57600).
We aren't attaching any other peripherals to the Lisa at this point.  It did however come with an Asperin 2.1 built in.

We know our USB port is working at some point because we are able to upload to the Lisa.  The 1Hz Red indicator blinks post-upload.

When we hit this Execute the following commands are executed and a blank GCS is displayed:
Run '/home/uav/paparazzi/sw/ground_segment/tmtc/link  -d /dev/ttyS0 -s 57600'
Run '/home/uav/paparazzi/sw/ground_segment/tmtc/server '
Run '/home/uav/paparazzi/sw/ground_segment/cockpit/gcs '

There are no other errors or commands that are executed now.  (The only one we had before was about /dev/ttyUSB0, and our usb port is /dev/ttyS0 so we switched those in the config files).

I have attached the airframe, flight plan, settings, radio, and telemetry files we are using.  Also attached are is the config file and the control panel file.  Our A/C is called MYAC.

Here is the hardware we are working towards implementing:
* Spektrum DSM2 Remote Receiver [SPM9545]
* (2) XBee 18468-XBee Pro 2 wireless modules attached to sparkfund breakout boards.
* u-Blox GS407
* Lisa M/2.0 with Asperin 2.1 IMU.

Thanks again for the help so far.  Please let us know if there is anything else you need.

~Dan