[Paparazzi-devel] Altitude informations in the ground station

From: Prof. Dr.-Ing. Heinrich Warmers
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] Altitude informations in the ground station
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2012 14:41:10 +0200

Hi,
i have not found a description what the basis of the altitude information of the ground station is. I was surprised that with no GPS fix and using the BMP085 barometer fist the information was 0m.(QFE?). And with GPS fix the altitude climbed up to 180m. The GPS altitude was 54m. The Altitude over (MSL) at my location is 7m . It was not possible from me, to read the STM data. Can someone write the information to the dokuwiki what the meaning of the 3 given altitudes in the ground station is?

Heinrich