Re: [Paparazzi-devel] ArduIMU+ V3??

From: Stephen Dwyer
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] ArduIMU+ V3??
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2012 10:56:54 -0600

Hello,

You will definitely have to do some code modifications to the ArduIMU
code and possibly the paparazzi code to be able to use ArduIMU v3. In
v2 the i2c port was unused, and thus made into an i2c slave on the
arduimu, so paparazzi could request measurements as desired.

In v3, the magnetometer is attached to the atmega i2c port, which is
probably configured as a master. So, you will have change the
interface method to paparazzi, or not use the mag in the arduimu code
and reconfigure to use i2c as a slave on the atmega, then possibly
also use the twog to sample the mag if you would like these readings.

It is probably achievable without too much effort if you look at the
sample modified firmware for v2 in
sw/airborne/firmwares/non_ap/arduimu_Firmware_WithGps/.

Another option might be to purchase the v2 from Sparkfun, they seem to
have some left in stock.

Keep in mind the ArduIMUs are certainly not the most high performance
AHRS units, compared to other options.

Hope that helps.

Thanks,
-Stephen Dwyer