[Paparazzi-devel] UBLOX MAX-6Q and LEA-5H GPS Modules comparison

From: Tilman Baumann
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] UBLOX MAX-6Q and LEA-5H GPS Modules comparison
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2012 14:38:15 +0100

Hi,

I was quite impressed with the UBLOX MAX-6Q module when I found it and bought one from http://www.csgshop.com/product.php?id_product=62
I especially liked the nice wire terminals that I can easily solder.

I also have the familiar UBLOX LEA-5H helical antenna module (sparkfun).
Naively I expected that the MAX-6 will be better. But is that actually true?
Does anyone here have some experience? Or is there something that makes LEA somehow better for our application?

I will just hook up the MAX-6 and I'm pretty sure it will fly. But if there is a good reason why I should not do that, I thought I better ask before I do it. :)

Thanks
 Tilman