Re: [Paparazzi-devel] UBLOX MAX-6Q and LEA-5H GPS Modules comparison

From: Jeremy Reinertsen
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] UBLOX MAX-6Q and LEA-5H GPS Modules comparison
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2012 17:31:49 +1000

Hi Chris,

I purchased a MAX-6Q from CSGShop and got it working yesterday. Pin assignment viewing the board from the GPS module side is as follows:

1. SCL      2. SDA
3. TXD     4. RXD
5.GND     6. PWR (5V)

For the backup battery I am using a 364 size 1.55V watch battery.

I have the GPS working with u-center via a FTDI TTL-232R-3V3 cable and am now ready to connect it to my TWOG. The MAX-6 GPS doesn't have flash memory to store its configuration settings so I think I will need to use the gps_ubx_ucenter module to configure it at start-up.

Cheers
Jeremy

----- Original Message ----- From: "Chris Wozny" <address@hidden>