[Paparazzi-devel] Powering the servos for Yapa and doubt about the airfr

From: Jaime Rubio
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] Powering the servos for Yapa and doubt about the airframe file
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2012 16:26:48 -0400

Hello,

I have a couple of questions:

1) I know that for Yapa2, I can write the airframe configuration file with either twog or tiny as board. Is there any difference between writing any of them?

2) I want to power externally the servos. I know that it is possible but I don't find a clear procedure. Given my little experience with batteries and the fact that I already burned a Yapa, I would like to clearly know which procedure to follow. Any 5V battery would be fine? Where should I connect it? I don't want to brigde the Yapa for this since I have read is not too recommendable. I use Futaba S3305. Details of these servos can be found below. Futaba also states: "Per Futaba this servo is approved for use with NiCd batteries ONLY! This servo can produce high-current draw from your batteries. If using NiMH or LiPo batteries, make sure they are capable of delivering sufficient amps."

FUTM0045

Volts

Torque

Speed

4.8V

99 oz-in (7.1 kg/cm)

0.25 sec/60°

6.0V

124 oz-in (8.9 kg/cm)

0.20 sec/60°

http://www.futaba-rc.com/images/spacer.gif

Dimensions

Weight

1-9/16 x 13/16 x 1-1/2 in (40 x 20 x 38 mm)

1-11/16 oz (47 g)

Thanks,

Jaime.