[Paparazzi-devel] PPZ Communication Protocol

From: Charles Breingan
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] PPZ Communication Protocol
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2012 14:14:26 -0500

Hi all,

I am trying to write my own software ground station interface to the paparazzi and I am having trouble finding the messaging standard documented anywhere. I've looked in a bunch of places and I found the messages sets in the conf folder in default_fixedwing_imu.xml. This is a good start to figuring out the messages, but I still can't find documentation on start bytes, or checksums, or anything else that these messages might include. Does anybody know where to find this information?

I have been watching the byte stream over my xbee and I think that I see a pattern. Do messages start with 0x99? That looks like a start byte to me, but I can't figure out what comes after that.

Sincerely,

C. Randy Breingan