Re: [Paparazzi-devel] LisaL/Aspirin IMU Issues

From: Luke Barnett
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] LisaL/Aspirin IMU Issues
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2012 05:37:05 +0800

I finally have tracked down the source of the problem. It would seem that periodically the data in the rx buffer gets offset by one, i.e. it starts at accel_rx_buf[2] instead of accel_rx_buf[1].  The strange thing is that this does not occur if I disable the magnetometers and read gyros and accels only. What I did to fix the issue is to call adxl345_clear_rx_buf() at the beginning of adxl_start_reading_data() (both functions are in stm32/mcu_periph/imu_aspirin_arch.c).

With the modified code I have run it for several hours without any issues so it seems to work. I find it a little strange that no-one else has come across this same problem, which makes me worry that there is perhaps something else wrong specific to my hardware?

Does anyone see any issues with the code changes I made? My experience with embedded programming is limited to say the least, so I'd appreciate it if anyone has any advice on this.

Thanks
Luke