Re: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] alternative u-blox GPS: LEA-6H? NEO-6H?

From: Chris Gough
Subject: Re: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] alternative u-blox GPS: LEA-6H? NEO-6H?
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2011 01:16:54 +1100

Like the non-flash versions of the LEA-6 (e.g. 6S, which looks
otherwise like a 6H on cursory reading) the NEO-6 data sheets claims
all variants have Max Navigation Update rate of 5Hz (and they are all
configured in ROM / at boot-time, like the 6S). I don't understand how
configuration storage would effect navigation update rates, there must
be other differences that I haven't discovered yet.

The GPS page in the wiki says "Any of the LEA-4 and LEA-5 series
receivers can be used including the less expensive LEA-4A, 4S, 5A and
5S models as the special boot configuration code required for these
models is already written." Where is this code and how do I use it?

Given availability problems with LEA-4H and LEA-5H, and navigation
update rate problems with LEA-6H, would it be worth thinking about a
GPS that loads configuration from EEPROM instead (and uses one of the
5 Hz, non-flash u-blox variants)?

Chris Gough