Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Final tuning before maiden flight

From: Prof. Dr.-Ing. Heinrich Warmers
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Final tuning before maiden flight
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2010 13:43:27 +0200

Dear Baro,
it is difficult to fly lager angle with the IR. sensors. If you use an IMU it is not a problem to set this border to 60°
and to fly  closer circles.
Regards
Heinrich

BX Guan schrieb:
Hey guys,

Just did my "roll and pitch neutral in an open field" test today, and all geared up for my plane's first flight tomorrow. Would just love to confirm a few things.

I have some really large values when I'm doing the test. Think it was 15 degrees for pitch and -40 deg for roll. Curious, I put the value in anyway and when I execute the codes again and look at the PFD, the orientation of the earth and sky looks correct. There's this issue however that when I read it from the "messages" the angle shown never seem to be able to exceed ~25 degrees.

My question would be, does the fact that my PFD shows a correct orientation response to my plane means that I've done the calibration properly? Or is there some additional step that I might have missed (to make the autopilot capable of sensing more than +-25 degrees.

Thanks,
Bao