[Paparazzi-devel] Simulation not tracking waypoints

From: Edixon Giraldo
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] Simulation not tracking waypoints
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 19:22:01 -0500

Hi, after 2 months of working on my UAV I am finally ready to go into AUTO2 and see it fly by itself, however, I am running simulations before the actual flight and I am a little worried about what I see in the simulation.  It seem that the airplane cannot make sharp roll turns to keep up with the waypoints.  I have a default circle radius of 60m for the standby block, but, the airplane seems to only be able to turn in circles with radius of 80m.  Is the simulation accurate to what the airplane will do in real flight?  If it does, what is limiting the roll angle for AUTO2?

Thanks.

Eddie.