Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Simulation not tracking waypoints

From: Felix Ruess
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Simulation not tracking waypoints
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 12:35:35 +0200

Hi Eddie,

the simulation is of course not true to your real plane, it uses a
simple generic model and not a precise model of your specific
airframe. The simulation is more meant to spot really big errors, test
the flightplans and get familiar with the system.

You can adjust the simulation parameters like so:
http://paparazzi.enac.fr/wiki/Airframe_Configuration#Simu

If you want a more realistic simulation you will need to write a good
FDM (flight dynamic model) for your specific aircraft, e.g. with
JSBSim. Paparazzi supports this.

ROLL_MAX_SETPOINT in the HORIZONTAL CONTROL section limits the maximum
roll setpoint in AUTO2

Cheers, Felix