Re: [Paparazzi-devel] UART1 stopped working

From: David Carlson
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] UART1 stopped working
Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 16:34:30 +0300

Cédric,

If tunnel is allowing you to talk to the GPS, then both of your UARTs are working fine. Tunnel pretty much takes what it heres on UART1 and repeats it on UART0, and vice versa.

I would look in your airframe file. Make sure you have configured to use the proper serial ports. For Tiny 2.11, GPS should use UART0 and telemetry should use UART1.

Buzz

Cédric Marzer wrote:
it seems the UART1 interface on my Tiny v2.11 stopped working. It
actually happened after an SVN update last week, but I don't think the
problem is related to that because it is the same when flashing from the
live CD.
Checking the pins of the SERIAL connector, TX is constantly 0V and RX
constantly 3.3V, regardless of what data is to be sent (GCS messages,
UART tunnel, data from USB tunnel 1). However, USB tunnel 0 still works,
I can talk to the GPS that way. Inspection of the hardware by microscope
showed no obvious damage, and RC functionality does not seem to be
affected either.
Does anybody have an idea what could be wrong?

Are you sure it is not related to the modem config and/or some CTS/RTS issue
?