Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Paparazzi for a Quadrotor

From: Gautier Hattenberger
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Paparazzi for a Quadrotor
Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 15:53:54 +0200

Hi,

We have been able to perform some basic navigation (waypoint and segment) using the flight plans. All the routines available on fixed wing are not implemented yet. The navigation control loop is very basic (only based on gps) and you can't really control the speed. We prefer to wait and improve the system before any "official" release. And as Felix said, there is almost no documentation, so it is not very usable... Moreover, there is no guarentee that the software will work on a TWOG in its current state (due to some hard-coded stuff...)

Gautier

Felix Ruess a écrit :
Hi Jean-Claude,

yes, when I said manually I meant stability augmented of course.
Without it its impossible to manually fly the quad. So stabillization
works (but better attitude estimation is under development).
About autonomous mode: AFIK you can't use flight plans yet, but
Gautier was/is working on that and I'm not sure how far this is....
Gautier?
I'll be on the road for 6 weeks now. In July I'll be working on it
again and also start to write something up in the wiki.
My guess is that we can announce the quadrotor "support" end of summer.

The IMU is connected to the main board via SPI (including the mag sensor).

Cheers, Felix