Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Creating the ground station.

From: cory barton
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Creating the ground station.
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2008 10:27:59 -0400

I am probably not the best person to help you with this, but I am using the following:

for the plane. 2.4ghz xbee pro with integrated whip antenna
http://www.mouser.com/Search/ProductDetail.aspx?qs=YPg7lQ8MWSdrZnP9346A0A%3d%3d

for the ground station, a USB connected stand alone modem with integrated antenna.
http://www.mouser.com/Search/ProductDetail.aspx?qs=vnwGVgFuQiZcPgfOpW3YzQ%3d%3d

You can see a picture of the usb one here: http://paparazzi.enac.fr/wiki/index.php/Modems#Maxstream_XBee_Pro_2.4GHz_.28802.15.4.2C_.22Series_1.22.29

Be aware that I have not tested this yet, and I am new to paparazzi. I have all my hardware tested(sensors and servos all attached, and happily talking to rc and gcs) with the ftdi cable, and now I am about to solder to the xb oem module and try to achieve wireless communication.

Good luck.

Cory