[Paparazzi-devel] Ground software structure

From: David Pérez-Piñar López
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] Ground software structure
Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2008 13:51:31 +0100

Hi all,

I'm going on studying the software, and many questions arise. Just two of them:

Let's say I would like to add a new ground component capable of just receiving information (messages) from the aircraft. I guess the solution is simple: just build a new client process listening the ivy communications port and processing the messages of interest. Is this possible? Specifically, is the server broadcasting the messages, or a pipe (or something like that) is stablished between the server and each ground module? And where should I dig into to find the message definitions and (perhaps) add a new message to the system?

Although just studying the source code, I thought I will understand Paparazzi when I was able to succesfully adapt it to my needs. However, I'm acquainted with C/C++, but not with OCAML. I have tried to understand the code, but it is not easy to guess the execution order from it. Any tutorial at hand to start with?

Thanks!

    David

--
David Pérez-Piñar López