Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Tiny13

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Tiny13
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2007 03:57:51 GMT

Brad,

Reset was more useful in early development days, you can omit it.  The P0.14 pin just needs to be held low during power-on, and only for the one-time bootloader programming step - no need for anything fancy.  You could probably tie it to RTS and do some fancy software trick if you wanted but since this is only a 5 second, one-time operation I'd just hold a loose wire against a ground pin somewhere.

The early Tiny boards included an audio modem but it has become obsolete with the advent of 2-way modems.  Once you begin using the system you will see that 2-way communication is essential.

The Berg 7P likely uses the same chip as the 4P, compare it to the photos on the wiki.  Note: the 7P offers no advantage over the 4P as either receiver will provide 8 channels.

Jeremy

-- Brad Douglas <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello,

I have a couple questions I want to make sure I've got sorted out before
I mess my stuff up. ;-)

When building my serial cable, should I tie P0.14 to serial RTS or
should I tie it to ground (along with RESET)?  I see the cable
instructions say to tie P0.14 to ground via a button for the boot
sequence, but I also found another page that says P0.14 can be tied to
RTS.

I'm considering putting in a small ATV transmitter in the plane.  Can I
use ATV in lieu of a radio modem and modulate telemetry down the audio
channels or is the radio modem also getting utilized elsewhere (the wiki
is a bit vague in that respect)?

One last thing.  Has anyone hunted out the PPM pin for the Berg 7P?  If
not, I'll break out the scope.

This has been a fun project.  Some significant work has been put into
this by the developers.  It would have taken me years to get to this
point with my work schedule.

--
73, de Brad KB8UYR/6 <rez touchofmadness com>