Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Tiny13

From: Brad Douglas
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Tiny13
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2007 16:38:44 -0800

On Sat, 2007-12-22 at 03:57 +0000, address@hidden wrote:
> Brad,
>
> Reset was more useful in early development days, you can omit it.  The
> P0.14 pin just needs to be held low during power-on, and only for the
> one-time bootloader programming step - no need for anything fancy.
> You could probably tie it to RTS and do some fancy software trick if
> you wanted but since this is only a 5 second, one-time operation I'd
> just hold a loose wire against a ground pin somewhere.
>
> The early Tiny boards included an audio modem but it has become
> obsolete with the advent of 2-way modems.  Once you begin using the
> system you will see that 2-way communication is essential.

Great!  This helps a lot.

> The Berg 7P likely uses the same chip as the 4P, compare it to the
> photos on the wiki.  Note: the 7P offers no advantage over the 4P as
> either receiver will provide 8 channels.

No, it is a completely different design.  It uses a lot of common parts
to the 4L, but the chip I suspect that has the PPM signal is entirely
different (thick square chip with 5 micro leads on each side).  Also
looks like any part numbers have been blasted off.  Judging from your
response, I'll be hunting it out myself. ;-)

Thanks, again.

--
73, de Brad KB8UYR/6 <rez touchofmadness com>