Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Thermophiles

From: Antoine
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Thermophiles
Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 22:32:31 +0200

Hi Filipe

To get an automatic calibration, I think you'll need a full 3rd axis, that is 6 thermopiles. The substraction between opposite thermopiles output is done at electrical level, before amplification.
In the CVS, we have plans for a two axis sensor and a single axis one.
You can combine one of each to get a full 3 axis sensor. This solution has the advantage of easing the mechanical fiting in the airframe - With a monolithic 3 axis sensor, you'd have to find a location in the airframe where the 3 axis are unobstructed.

Best Regards

Antoine

ps: I think Ethan has some sensor PCB available - For the thermopiles, I use Melexis which I get direct from the importator - Martin and Ethan use Perkin-Elmer which they get from a german shop I think.

Filipe Varela wrote:

Hi all

Just wondering if anyone in Europe is available to build a thermophile sensor kit for me. It would require 4 orthogonal horizontal sensors plus a fifth vertical (pointing up) sensor (for auto-calibration). Output goes to 10bit adc (atmega128) so analog is perfect (7 pins: power in, ground, sensors[5]).

Please specify cost (supplies plus work) and location.

I am asking this because i can't get a hold of any thermophiles or PCB manufacture. Unassembled is fine (i can solder it even if it has smd parts).

Thanks,
Filipe