oroborus-user

Re: [Oroborus-user] theme without title

From: Stefan Pfetzing
Subject: Re: [Oroborus-user] theme without title
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 11:55:59 +0200

* Martin Hedenfalk <address@hidden> [020611 11:45]:
> Hi all,
Hi Martin,

> I've created a theme with a one-pixel border around each window. Only. Just
> like evilwm. I'm working with an 800x600 screen, so I'd like to utilize
> every pixel I got :-)
>
> However, in order to do that I had to introduce a new option, 'no_title',
> and edit the frameDraw function to skip drawing the title. I haven't
> submitted the patch, because I'm not sure if this is the right way to do it.
>
> Maybe a more general approach is better, like dlopen()'ing a library that
> handles drawing the window borders. On the other hand adding too much
> "cosmetic" functionality could make Oroborus unnecessarily large. What is
> your opinion?
Hm, Oroborus will definetely get some sort of a plugin interface, mainly for
window-menus etc... (this will go into a plugin, so oroborus itself does not
use GTK but the plugin does.)

The question is, should the window drawing things also be a plugin, yes I
think so, because then you could create some "nicer" borders, like borders
using gtk or imlib for example (transparent titlebars, like macosX has for
example.

bye

Stefan

P.S.: Martin, could you please only send from subscribed emails, because the
list is set to allow postings only from members and I don't want to manually
approve every post ;)
--
        http://www.dreamind.de/
Oroborus and Debian GNU/Linux Developer.