Re: [Openexr-devel] CMAKE_CXX_STANDARD

From: Larry Gritz
Subject: Re: [Openexr-devel] CMAKE_CXX_STANDARD
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2018 16:11:13 -0700

I don't see why we would have to preserve 2.x compatibility. USD seems to need CMake 3.1 on Windows. OpenVDB needs 3.1. OIIO and OSL both require 3.2. Partio requires 3.8!  So lack of support for 2.x would be in good company with other widely used packages.

A few people have commented on the VFX Platform forum that it should include a minimum cmake release, so that package maintainers can count on some reasonable minimum.