Re: [Openexr-devel] Deep object ID and lack of Z

From: Larry Gritz
Subject: Re: [Openexr-devel] Deep object ID and lack of Z
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2014 20:14:12 -0800

This issue has come up for us as well, and one problem is that we don't know the set of IDs used until the image is done rendering, and by then, it's too late to add the id<->name mapping to the header. Not sure if the right approach is to then copy the file to add the right header data (which may be huge anyway), or to have a "sidecar file" explaining the mapping. How did you guys end up doing it?