Re: [Openexr-devel] Multipart backward compatibility?

From: Dalai Felinto
Subject: Re: [Openexr-devel] Multipart backward compatibility?
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2014 17:03:10 +0200

Hi Gonzalo,

> This beats the purpose of multipart files. The idea of multipart files is
> that it gives you fast random access to any layer. It is used in stereo but
> not only in stereo.

Yup, and yet this (singlepart) is the default we get out of
exrmultiview and what all the openexr-images sample files use. I know
multipart is not something exclusive to multiview, but the docs seemed
to indicate multipart as the preferable approach for multiview files.

Given that multipart also provides a faster access I would rather
favour it over singlepart, but backward incompatibility may be a no
go. (thus the email to get a clear picture of that).

Thanks,
Dalai

--
blendernetwork.org/dalai-felinto