Re: [Openexr-devel] Multipart backward compatibility?

From: Gonzalo Garramuno
Subject: Re: [Openexr-devel] Multipart backward compatibility?
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2014 11:34:48 -0300

On 12/09/14 07:58, Dalai Felinto wrote:
Hi there,

I'm working in supporting a multiview pipeline in Blender, and part of
this involves supporting OpenEXR multiview format. I'm currently
wondering what is the best option to save the images with the most
backward compatibility.

At first I considered dumping the data in a single-part file:

right.R
right.G
right.B
right.A
This beats the purpose of multipart files. The idea of multipart files is that it gives you fast random access to any layer. It is used in stereo but not only in stereo.